The Pfeiffer Institute for Marriage and Family Therapy (PIMFT) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) therapy clinic. The PIMFT was established to provide training opportunities for master's level graduate students in the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) Program at Pfeiffer University. The PIMFT therapist interns provide direct services for individuals, couples, families, and groups. Our therapist interns also uphold the Pfeiffer University philosophy, providing servant leadership in the community for other agencies in Charlotte and surrounding counties. The overall goal of our treatment services is to improve the health of individuals, couples, families, and our community. The PIMFT adheres to the rules and regulations of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) Codes of Ethical Principles for Marriage and Family Therapists in the provision of direct and indirect services.
Since opening in August 2008, in addition to serving clients at the Pfeiffer Institute, our interns have volunteered over 4,000 hours in our community. The following organizations have allowed our interns to work alongside them in an effort to strengthen the individuals, couples, and families in our community:
- Carolinas Medical Center - Mercy, Elizabeth Family Practice
- Daymark (Albemarle and Kannapolis)
- Exchange Club: Child and Parenting Center of Iredell County
- Family Service, Inc.
- Lois' Lodge
- Monarch (Albemarle)
- Mill Grove United Methodist Church (Indian Trail)
- New River Behavioral Health Care (Elkin)
- Presbyterian Hospital
- The Renfrew Center
- Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center
- Tri-County Health Resource Center (Elkin)
- United Family Services (Concord and Monroe